Digital Turbine has researched the app habits of American gamers and published The Mobile App Habit Report 2022.
Some interesting numbers from it:
- Over half (52%) have over 20 downloaded apps on their smartphones;
- 63% downloaded 2 to 10 new apps in the last year;
- The main purpose of using apps is to perform a specific task (65%), the secondary purpose is to have fun or spend time (35%);
- The reasons for downloading are certain tasks, convenience and boredom;
- 81% use 3 to 10 apps every day, notes AppTractor;
- The main app discovery methods are family/friends, social media, and store suggestions;
- What will deter a mobile gamer from installing an app are bad ratings or no scores if it’s a paid app and concerns about security or data usage;
- 54% uninstall apps every few months;
- The main reasons for deletion are irrelevance, app boredom, and poor user experience.